Share Your Experience
This website has been online and helping women since June 1998. During this time, it's become clear that there is a need for more information about PASS, and it needs to be given in a neutral way, without prolife or prochoice strings attached.
We also need to present information to the world, to help the medical profession as well as everyday people understand PASS, it's signs, symptoms, and how to help women who are suffering from it.
So by combining my own experiences, what I've learned from running this website, and what I hear from you, I am working on a book about PASS. It will be a self-help book for women, to help them understand PASS, with information that will help them heal. Part of that information will be stories from women. If you've had an abortion, and experienced PASS to any degree, I am interested in hearing from you. I have a special section on the message board for any women interested in sharing their experience - go to the 'jilly's corner' board, and there is a section there for women interested in posting things for sharing.
Some guidelines to what I am looking for in your story:
The main purpose of the book is going to be PASS and PASS issues, so if you can discuss what kind of PASS issues you dealth with, how you frist recognized them as PASS, and how you learned to cope with them, that would be very beneficial. You don't have to answer all these questions - these are just guidelines to get you started. I don't have a cut-off date for stories yet, so you may take your time. Send me an email to let me know you are interested, and I will let you know when a cut-off date is established for submissions. The more detailed and interesting your story is, the better chance of it being selected for the book. Thanks for thinking about sharing your story, and I hope to hear from you soon!
You can email me at the following address -
Send any questions to [email protected]
- Detailed description of who you were and how you felt about yourself and your life before you got pregnant.
- Details of your relationship before you got pregnant
- Details of how you felt after you were pregnant
- How did your partner, your family, your support people react?
- How was your abortion experience, physically and emotionally?
- How did you do in the first few days after the abortion?
- What PASS problems did you experience?
- Describe your PASS problems in detail, and tell how they affected you and your relationships.
- How did you handle these problems?
- When did you realize you were suffering from PASS?
- How did you resolve your PASS problems?
- Detailed description about who you are now, and how you feel about your life now.
- Anything else you feel is pertinent to your story.